Thursday, March 10, 2011

Leftover Remix

Here's today's breakfast:


Sauté in olive oil:
Small handful mirepoix
2 big leaves swiss chard, leaves chopped coarsely, stems chopped fine

Once greens are dark green, but not cooked-to-death, add:
One turkey patty or a couple ounces of other leftover protein

Stir in and cook a minute to heat, top with:
One hard-boiled egg, chopped

Most days I need to be at work much too early, so I've started to set out my breakfast cooking utensils the night before so I can get food made quickly.  This usually means my cutting board, knife, spatula, bowl, and a skillet with a little oil in it.  Having veggies pre-chopped helps too.

I'm looking forward to tweaking this recipe for Roast Salmon with Thai Red Curry and Bok Choy from Epicurious this week.  My mother has made it and its fantastic, I think some very small changes will make this very paleo-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment